Why I’m Leaving Draft2Digital: A Scathing Review

 By Justin McNeal

After months of trying to make Draft2Digital work for me as a self-published author, I’ve reached the end of my rope. Let me start by saying that I publish my books on multiple platforms, including Google, Amazon, and ACX, and I’ve consistently sold books on those platforms. Unfortunately, Draft2Digital has been nothing but a colossal disappointment. If you’re a current or aspiring author, do yourself a favor and stay far, far away from Draft2Digital. Here’s why.

Zero Sales: A Platform That Doesn’t Deliver

I joined Draft2Digital with the hope that it would expand my reach and help me sell more books. However, to date, not a single book of mine has been sold through their platform. This is in stark contrast to every other platform I use, where my books consistently find an audience and generate sales. It’s baffling and incredibly frustrating to see zero results from a service that promises so much.

Broken Import Process: A Nightmare for Authors

The problems started with the import process for my books. Draft2Digital’s system was so broken that I had to modify the code of my EPUB files just to get them to import correctly. Even after jumping through these hoops, the results were horrendous. My books appeared with very dark, unreadable text, making them completely unattractive and difficult for readers.

Lack of Support and Blame Game

Reaching out to Draft2Digital for help was a lesson in futility. I was essentially told that I wasn’t trying hard enough to sell my books. Instead of addressing the technical issues or providing any useful support, their response was to blame me for the platform’s failures. This is not just unprofessional; it’s insulting to any author who pours their heart and soul into their work.

Findaway Voices Integration: A Complete Mess

Draft2Digital boasts about its integration with Findaway Voices, but in reality, it’s a complete mess. I was given the runaround with conflicting requirements. First, I was told to correct audio issues, then I needed a Google key to publish, and finally, I was informed that AI narration wasn’t allowed and that I had to publish on Google Books first. Why would I need to publish on another platform before I can publish on theirs? It’s an absurd and inefficient system.

Empty Promises of Wide Distribution

Draft2Digital claims to distribute books to numerous other retailers like Barnes & Noble. However, my experience shows otherwise. It took literal months for two of my titles to appear on these platforms, and even then, there was no evidence that they were being actively promoted or marketed. Draft2Digital’s promise of wide distribution feels more like a mirage than a reality.

Appalling Customer Service

After multiple attempts to resolve these issues with their support team, I received a shockingly rude email from someone identified as a Director. Here’s the email:


"I'm sorry you feel that way. We value open and respectful communication, and it's essential for us to maintain a positive and constructive environment as we collaborate. Writing in with hostility and rudeness is unnecessary and counterproductive.

We believe that effective collaboration requires mutual respect and understanding. Therefore, we kindly request that you maintain a professional and courteous tone in all communication moving forward. However, if you choose to continue with the same hostile and rude demeanor, I must express our concern that it hinders our ability to work together effectively and your account will be closed.

It should also be noted that you can opt-out of any marketing emails we send, which makes more sense than writing in with rude angry emails to our support staff. Your notification preferences are something you fully control and can be found under ACCOUNT --> NOTIFICATION PREFERENCES."


This email exemplifies their dismissive attitude towards legitimate customer concerns and highlights their inability to provide meaningful support.

Conclusion: Avoid Draft2Digital at All Costs

Given all these issues—zero sales, a broken import process, poor integration with other services, empty promises of distribution, and appalling customer service—I am closing my account with Draft2Digital and will never again waste my time or energy on their platform.

For any authors out there, my advice is clear: stay far, far away from Draft2Digital. There are many other platforms that will treat you with respect and actually help you sell your books.

Keywords: Draft2Digital review, self-publishing platforms, Draft2Digital import issues, book sales, Findaway Voices integration, book distribution, customer service problems, self-publishing advice, author experiences, avoid Draft2Digital


If you have any thoughts or want to share your own experiences with Draft2Digital, feel free to comment below. Let’s make sure other authors don’t fall into the same trap.

No comments:

### **Top Trending Products on Amazon: Movers & Shakers You Need to Check Out!**

### **Top Trending Products on Amazon: Movers & Shakers You Need to Check Out!** Looking for the hottest, most popular items that are sh...